Since gaining control of Walsall Council last year the Tories have wasted taxpayers money on reckless spending decisions.
FIVE times Tory-run Walsall Council wasted taxpayers money:
- SPLASHED OUT £10 MILLION on private consultants as part of a ‘transformational plan’ for the council.
- BOOSTED the Chief Executive’s pay packet as Walsall residents feel the bite of Tory cuts.
- LAVISHED £200,000 on a planned refurbishment of the council chamber.
- WASTED money employing agency staff to ‘stand in lifts’ at the council.
- FAILED to use regeneration cash on struggling district centres.
Only Labour has a plan to put our finances back on the right track.
We will review millions spent on private consultants, freeze increases to senior councillor allowances, and give greater priority to the Council’s audit committee to review finances.
Vote Labour on Thursday 2nd May to put Walsall back on the right track.