Earlier this year we consulted residents on the changes they would like to see in Walsall. We wanted to draw on the knowledge of our diverse community to create a manifesto for the many. Now we’re proud to launch our manifesto for change.
Our pledges to you:
1. Labour will put council finances back on the right track, reviewing millions of pounds spent by the Tories on private consultants and freezing councillors’ allowances.
2. Labour will deliver the education our children deserve, guaranteeing a youth provision in every ward and giving young people a stronger voice in Walsall.
3. Labour will support an innovative approach to health and social care, boosting access to healthcare and reducing waiting times for mental health services.
4. Labour will build a borough of thriving traditional towns, introducing a ‘free after 3pm’ parking scheme in Walsall and investing in our district centres.
5. Labour will demand our fair share of new homes for Walsall, and strengthen enforcement action to provide cleaner, safer neighbourhoods.